Up your turkey game with these 20 flavour-basted recipes.
Pick and choose from any of these dietitian-approved recipes to create your perfect holiday meal.
Appetizers: Start any party right with these restaurant-worthy starters.
- Grilled cheese sandwich with leek confit
- Cold shrimp rolls
- Prosciutto wrapped stuffed dates
- Crab and spinach stuffed mushroom caps
Soups and salads: An easy way to serve extra veggies with your holiday dinner.
- Warm sweet potato, sundried tomato and arugula salad
- Root vegetable soup
- Roasted beet and Brussels sprout salad
Festive dinner: These healthier versions of traditional holiday favourites will leave you savouring every forkful.
- Maple roasted vegetables
- Garlicky green beans
- Wild and brown rice stuffing
- Cabbage apple slaw
- Spinach and mushroom barley pilaf
If turkey is not a favourite at your house, here are a couple of alternatives:
Desserts: Make sure you leave room for these decadent treats.
- Roasted figs with honey
- Dark chocolate orange mini muffins
- Sweet potato maple pudding
- Almond cardamom rice pudding
The Heart and Stroke Foundation thanks CanolaInfo for its generous support of our recipes online. Acceptance of this support does not constitute an endorsement by the Foundation of CanolaInfo or its individual products.