Traditional pasta salad gets a makeover with this simple, fresh recipe.
Tender bits of pasta are tossed with crunchy red peppers, cucumber, white beans, feta, a generous amount of herbs and a splash of fresh lemon.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Makes: 10 servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked whole wheat or regular pearl couscous
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 can (15-oz/426 mL) no-salt-added navy or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain in fine mesh sieve and run under cold water to cool completely. Shake off excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pepper, cucumber, onion, spinach, beans, rosemary, garlic, canola oil, lemon zest and juice, vinegar and pepper.
- Stir in couscous and toss until well blended. Gently stir in feta.
per serving (1 of 10)
Protein 5 g
Total Fat 4.5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugar 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
Sodium 150 mg
Potassium 115 mg
Recipe provided by CanolaInfo.org ©